In catching up with my fav blogs, I headed over to Ambers PPD site and discovered that she awarded me the “When Life Hands You Lemons” blog award. That was so sweet of her and I am touched that she thought of me for this award. Thank you Amber! Her blog is a wealth of information and experience about postpartum depression and I highly recommend heading over there to ‘meet’ her!
The rules for this award are simple:
I am to thank the giver of the award and link to their blog (see above). I am supposed to share 5 things about myself. And I am supposed to link to 5 new blogging recipients of my choosing and notify them.
I think I can do that! :)
First - 5 new recipients.
All of these women are so positive in their outlook on life they are really deserving of the “life hands you lemons” award.
Sweet Jane – a blogger friend of old. I do so enjoy her friendship and feel a real soul connection to her. I am always amazed at how we are so different, yet so much alike and how our stories have often matched up.
Anita – she is so wonderfully supportive of this journey that I am on and I thank her deeply. Her site is a lot of fun with really interesting stories. She encourages all her readers to share their own stories on the same subject creating a wonderful conversation of experiences, thoughts and ideas. Go see her!
Deb Menopausal New Mom – another blogger friend whose support I have been most thankful for. Great blog she has! She is on vacation at the moment and I do miss her posts! I hope she is having a fabulously fun and relaxing time!
Nicci – Nicci has two blogs that I love to visit. Here and here. She is also an old blogger friend who I am grateful to have kept in touch with. At the moment, she is healing from knee surgery and I wish her strength and rapid healing!
Nancy from f8hasit – Nancy is a new blogger friend whose site is always entertaining as her 700 odd followers will attest to! She has wonderful stories and her optimistic and easygoing approach to life is just my cup of tea!
Five things about me…
1. I used to have a different blogger name many moons ago – Journey Through Life. I loved that blogging name and the blogs that I had back then. They helped me through a big phase of my life and I have come out better for it. I am very grateful for the friends I made in that time and even more grateful that some of them are still with them since my return under this user name.
2. I am doing everything right and more in order to enhance fertility except for the one area I have struggled with my whole life – food and weight. I am doing the best that I can and am always trying to get better, but I worry sometimes about its affects. Mostly though I stay positive, remember the supportive educational words of my naturopath and doctor who assure me everything is fine, and look at how much better I am doing now than I was a few months ago.
3. I was single for most of my life – which was a blessing and a struggle all at the same time! It was such a time of growth and self-development and I am grateful for it. Now I am very grateful that I said ‘no’ to those that weren’t right for me, because D is just SO right for me (and vice versa!) and I am so thankful.
4. I long to have a stronger connection to both my physical and spiritual selves. To merge together more completely and really experience life as a spiritual being in a physical world. Sometimes I think I disconnect from both – especially my physical self – and not take full responsibility or be fully connected to who I am.
5. I have arthritis in my knees would you believe??!! Since my 20’s! Ah the joys of playing netball from the age of 5. When my acupuncturist examined my knees, before I even mentioned anything, he said “ah, netball knees”! Shhheeesshhh!! LOL :) :)
The arthritis was only recently diagnosed. After I damaged my knee moving furniture (!), my doctor sent me for x-rays looking for bone damage. No bone damage, but there was arthritis! So now I know what the pain is that I have put up with for 15 years! It is so much better have a name for it! I am grateful for that.