Monday, August 10, 2009

Stress Free - preconception, pregnancy, post-birth

I saw this wonderful poem today at @ Home Mum.

look back on today
and see parents
who had time to play
There will be years
for cleaning and cooking
But children grow up
While we are not looking

Dusting and scrubbing
can wait til tomorrow
for babies grow fast
we learn to our sorrow
So quiet down cobwebs
and dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby
and babies don't keep.
One of the things that is very important to us, is the need for me to be stress free. Not only in trying to get pregnant, but also during the pregnancy. This poem takes me a step further with that and shows the importance of not stressing about any unnecessary things and feeling peaceful and enjoying the early time you have with your child while they are still babies.


I know of a lady with 8 children who are apparently the most wonderful children that play well together and, for the most part I understand, get along well. It turns out she is also a very relaxed and easy-going woman. She was relaxed during her pregancies and after their births as well. And this has transferred to her children. With her last birth (no. 8!!), she was holding sleeping, peaceful baby at a church service just two days later.

Not that I, by any means, expect to achieve that! However, the importance of being relaxed, stress free and peaceful as much as possible has been instilled in me. It will help us to achieve conception and hopefully to create a relaxed and happy atmosphere in utero for our future child. It's an important goal and one that I hope to enjoy achieving!

No comments:

Post a Comment