Monday, February 18, 2013

Reenergized

The last two days things have been so much better.  My energy levels have returned and I have been eager to be active and physical.  My body has finally caught up to my headspace.  And I have to thank my amazing naturopath.

I had my appointment on Thursday.  I expected to come back with a stronger antidepressant.  But I didn't test positive for that at all.  Instead, I came out with only one thing.  NeuroCalm for nervous tension and anxiety.  And since I've been taking it, I have felt SO much better.  And after only have one day.

Kelly (naturopath) uses muscle testing to be sure on what it is that my body needs.  She came back into the office with a selection of things.
  • In one of my recent blood tests, I had tested high for insulin.  On further testing everything was fine.  But I was still concerned.  She brought in a few different remedies for that issue.
  • I told her which antidepressant had worked really well for me in the past.  
  • She also brought in the NeuroCalm and and a few other odds and ends she wanted to try.
I was amazed when I tested negative for the antidepressant.  Really?!! How interesting.
I was totally relieved when I didn't need anything related to high insulin.  Kelly said that one of the things that can cause high insulin is stress.  And considering the stress tablets were the only ones I needed, well that just all makes sense.

I decided to also have a body composition analysis.  I had one on our honeymoon cruise which showed a very high water retention level.  I then went on the prescribed herbal remedies and changed a few things in my diet with the focus being on acid vs alkaline foods.  A month later my water retention has reduced by a third.  Great news!

On the other hand, my calculated age from all the other CBA tests was high.  Oh dear!  For some reason, that has turned into a big reality check, has confirmed fears that I have about my physical well being, and has been a cataylst for being able to move beyond compulsive eating.  Don't get me wrong, the CE is still there, but I don't want to be the physical age that the CBA showed.

One of the factors in the test is muscle mass, which for me was low.  With all that has gone on, I haven't done pilates or gone to the gym for a few months.  Fortunately I had already made my appointment for my pilates review and I start today.  That should help as well!

It is such a relief to moving beyond my time of grief and isolation.  I'm moving through my new cycle getting ready to start the next ICSI round and I will come at with greater health.  I am actively seeking things to do that are physically active.  I want to exert myself.  Whether it be gardening, weeding, exercising.  Which means at the same time, I am getting on top of some long awaited jobs!

I am grateful.

------------------

I haven't put up any of our professional wedding photos yet.  So I thought I would finish each post with a photo of our joyful day!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Annie,

    It's been a while since I've visited so I've spent the last 10 minutes catching up. You are a fighter! I wish I knew how things are going to turn out for you and Dave, if you will have a child, but of course, I don't. I do believe, however, that you will continue to meet the challenges in your life and get through them; and that you WILL experience peace and joy.

    Your husband seems to be a great guy. The two of you look marrr-velous in the photo! I look forward to seeing more.

    I continue to pray that you will carry a healthy full term baby very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Anita. Your support and prayers mean a lot.
    Peace and joy is a good focus to have!

    ReplyDelete