Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Third blood test

We had our third blood test on Monday - at 5 weeks/Day 35 - and things are still looking good.  My HCG levels had risen to 1938 - up from 265 on Friday.   Working on the premise of them doubling every two days, I didn't expect them to be that high.  However, the nurse said that was where they would expect them to be and on looking up an on-line chart, it was confirmed.

HCG Levels in Single and Twin Pregnancy
Days from LMP*
HCG Range** for Singleton Pregnancy
HCG Range for Multiple Pregnancy
28
9.4-120
9.5-120
33
300-600
200-1,800
36
1,200-1,800
2,400-36,000
40
2,400-4,800
8,700-108,000
45
12,000-60,000
72,000-180,000
70
96,000-144,000
348,000-480,000


Going from this chart, it looks like we may only have one, not two bubbies growing.  But until confirmed, I am going to continue talking to two of them!

Our first scan has been cancelled now.  This clinic will just wait for the seven week scan (rather than doing a six week scan as well), which in my case, will be seven and a half weeks (fingers crossed!).  I am a little disappointed, but I understand.  They feel that there wouldn't be much to see any earlier than that and there certainly wouldn't be a heartbeat, so it wouldn't be to my advantage to scan earlier.

As long as I keep getting regularly checked with blood tests so I know things are going ok, then that will be alright.

It is up to me how often I get blood tested.  The OB says that at this stage, they will do whatever I need to feel comfortable and not stressed.  Isn't that amazing???  It's such a great clinic!  And our OB Louise is just awesome.  And while I am debating with myself about getting tested on Friday, I think Monday will be fine.  A week will give us a really good idea on what is happening and besides, it is stressful waiting for the results of tests as well!!

I am still nervous about it all.  I think it will be quite some time before that disappears.  Each test has helped me to feel better and I hope that each upcoming test will continue in the same way.

In the meantime, I keep remembering to TRUST.  It helps me so much to just let go and accept.  It brings a joy over the pregnancy and a feeling of letting go of all the worries that I have.  I just have to say it constantly, because I keep forgetting!

There are so many people out there, including us, praying for us and have their fingers crossed that our pregnacy continues to blossom.  It is wonderful to know how we are being supported by our friends and family and also by Spirit.





















































2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear things continue to go well. I will continue to pray for you on this journey. It is hard to stay positive all the time when you have been thru so much, but worrying wouldn't be good either. So great your clinic is so in tuned with your situation and how you feel. I never made it to the hearing the "heart beats" of mine, I pray you will get to hear that. Keep talking to that baby or babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo... how ya feelin'?! :) Sleeping well? Any cravings yet? Tired?

    I smile every time I think of the joy you are experiencing. Yes, I know that it is combined with worry, however, keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete